Praise for the Second Edition
“ This excellent book is a rare combination - an enjoyable read that beginners will like and a serious text that scholars will study.”
- Daniel Kahneman, Professor of Psychology, Woodrow Wilson School, Princeton University, USA.
“ The perfect introduction to the latest developments in the fascinating field of judgment and decision making, setting classic findings and latest research firmly in the wider context of current thinking in the behavioural and cognitive sciences.”
- Nick Chater, Professor of Behavioural Science, Warwick Business School.
“ As a student, tyring to find my way, I often wished for an accessible introudction to decision science, from the classic through the reigning paradigms to the cutting edge. Straight Choices is that book. Student or seasonsed researcher, the reader willl appreicate this fresh, highly readable narrative, which interweaves the psychology of decision making with insights from cognitive science.”
- Ralph Hertwig, Director of the Center for Adaptive Rationality, Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Berlin.
Praise for the First Edition
“Straight Choices captures the excitement and innovative nature of research into decision making in everyday life and leaves the reader hungry to learn more. It is a remarkable springboard into understanding what we know and to developing one’s own decision making skills.”
- Robin M. Hogarth, ICREA Research Professor, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona.
“What distinguishes this book is not only its clear and lucid style, but also that it covers a number of new and emerging areas. It not only provides a good basis for understanding contemporary theory and research, but also includes important pointers to the ways the area is likely to develop over the next few years.”
- A. John Maule, Professor of Human Decision Making, Leeds University Business School.